HOW TO OPTIMISE YOUR WEBSITES PAGES
Optimise your websites pages the right way and help visitors to use your pages more effectively. Start using the given points below to really help optimise your websites pages:
- Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links. If you must use images for textual content, use the
altattribute to include a few words of descriptive text.
- Ensure that all links go to live web pages. Use valid HTML.
- Optimise your page loading times. Fast sites make users happy and improve the overall quality of the web (especially for those users with slow Internet connections). Google recommends that you use tools like PageSpeed Insights and Webpagetest.org to test the performance of your page.
- Design your site for all device types and sizes, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. Use the mobile friendly testing tool to test how well your pages work on mobile devices, and get feedback on what needs to be fixed.
- Ensure that your site appears correctly in different browsers.
- Secure your site’s connections with an SSL Certificate. Encrypting interactions between the user and your website is a good practice for communication on the web.
- Ensure that your pages are useful for readers with visual impairments, for example, by testing usability with a screen-reader.
So no matter what type of website you own, from a Blog Website to an Amazon Affiliate Store, using any of the above tips will make your website a more pleasant experience for your visitors as well as boost your sites rankings.